- The zabbix server comes with some great example graphs, copy these to your own templates and every host linked with the template will have them available to use as screens.
- You can disable an item/trigger inherited from a template for just a single host by disabling it in the hosts view (not the template).
- If you delete an item, triggers depending upon that item will automatically be deleted.
- The multi-value graphs you can create under the graphs tab are way better than the 'simple
graph' type available in the screens menu.
- You can automatically add hosts discovered through automatic discovery to templates (and do many other things) using actions under the actions tab.
I got the following error from the zabbix agent daemon (zabbix_agentd):
Can't find shared memory for collector
Restarting didn't help, but deleting the shared memory objects did:
ipcs -ma to list the objects
ipcrm to delete the objects owned by the zabbix user
Restarting the zabbix daemon and killing off the defunct processes got me back into business.