- Disabled samba and portmapper by commenting them out of /usr/sbin/services.sh. Tried just commenting out their start methods in init.d, but services calls start-stop daemon directly for portmapper. Didn't want to actually uninstall in case I want them later where there is no inet access.
- Disabled cups auto-discovery off (Browing Off in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf) because it requires a process listening on the network.
- Changed computer hostname using kcontrol
- Connect to my home wireless automatically on boot.
- Changed screensaver to lock after a few seconds.
- Added in extra apt package sources and installed openarena - awesome.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Here's what I did
at 9:10 AM